Inivos are looking for a Category Buyer to be involved with one of product functions of the business. We promote flexible working as a company, although we are very conscious that this role is likely to be more successful in its delivery where there is a routine of regular attendance to our office in Peterborough.
Do you have what it takes to be one of the Inivos team?
We are looking for people who challenge themselves, to set goals, and go above and beyond what is strictly required of them in their role, to achieve these.
Our people passionately strive for excellence which you will see in their careful attention to detail. We are inquisitive and we like to understand, not just for the sake of more knowledge but to fuel our innovation in new products, services, and solutions for our customers. We call this resourcefulness, and a sense that perfection is only just good enough.
We believe that for you to enjoy success in your work, you must apply energy and focus to the tasks you have to do every day. We like to give you the opportunity to stretch yourself beyond your natural ‘comfort zone’ in the knowledge that you will be guided by your inner principles to do the right thing by the business, your colleagues and our customers.
These core values are at the heart of what we do and are easier to feel than to talk about. Show us these and we will enjoy having you on the team at Inivos!
What do we do?
At its core, Inivos is a specialist medical technology business developing, manufacturing, and supplying products and services to enable hospitals and healthcare facilities to reduce the risk of infection.
What are we looking for in this position?
The Category Buyer will be responsible for understanding and managing the supply of the product category to ensure we pay the right price, for the right items, from the right sources at the right time.
What will you do?
* Understand the legislation, industry, and customer requirements around the category range
* Defining the range offering for the category
* Searching out new suppliers whilst maintaining the current supplier database through proactively communicating the benefits of working with Inivos
* Managing the supplier compliance, documentation, and certification
* Supporting the sales team to ensure we grow the sales of our products in our accessible markets
* Provide on-going technical support and training of the products/services throughout their life cycle
* Providing and supporting the marketing output documents to support the product/service category
* Managing the product compliance, documentation, and certification
* Understanding the relevant product certification and specification
* Managing the tender process of product groups with approved suppliers
* Negotiating with suppliers for cost reductions
* Supplier contract performance monitoring, management, and dispute resolution.
* Understanding different production method concepts to enable piece cost reduction
* Controlling stock value and quality in line with business requirement
* Supporting the submission of tenders and bids
What will you need to have and do?
* Always represent our Core Values: Excellence, Resourceful, Innovation, Understanding and Integrity
* Ability to see things through from development to completion
* Excellent commercial and industry awareness
* A drive for time bound completion of tasks and ability to prioritise workload to successfully deliver project plans
* Confidentiality in processing sensitive data
* Good IT skills
* Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and the ability to prioritise workload, proven ability to meet deadlines and work with strict timescales
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work in, and adapt to, a rapidly changing environment
* Ability to quickly build rapport and effectively maintain long-term relationships
* Proven experience delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
* 3 + years’ experience of managing a product category
* Aspire to develop a strong knowledge and understanding of the product range
* FMCG buying experience within a high-volume SKU environment would be an advantage
* Experience of sourcing a wide range of products on a high-volume basis is essential
What will you get?
A competitive salary
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Commitment to your Personal & Professional Development
Most of all you will be a part of the Inivos Family, who are a team of motivated and inspiring individuals wanting to play their part in changing the industry and making a difference.
Ready to apply?
Does this role sound like you? Are you the driven, resourceful type who goes above and beyond to get results? Then apply today