£17.60 p/h + Enhancements – Band 6 Equivalent | 34 Hours – Flexible Shifts | 12 Month FTC | Neuro-Rehab & ABI Unit | Great Benefits
An experienced RGN/Adult Nurse with clinical management experience is required to work as Senior Sister/Charge Nurse in a specialist rehabilitation centre in Gloucester on a 12-month contract.
The facility offers long term care and rehabilitation services to people living with complex neurological conditions or brain/spinal injuries and makes the most of state-of-the-art medical technologies and facilities to deliver the best possible patient outcomes.
Details of the RGN Senior Sister/Charge Nurse positions and what the successful candidates will receive:
* 34 hours per week on a 12-month fixed-term contract, with flexible shift patterns in place covering a 24/7 rota
* A basic pay rate of £17.60 per hour, with enhancements of 30% for nights & Saturdays, 100% for Sundays and Bank Holidays and an on-call allowance
* 33 days annual leave which increases with service length
* Free uniforms, on-site parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
* A range of training, development and career development opportunities
* Childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes
* Some great retail, leisure and lifestyle discounts
* A private pension scheme and life assurance
* Staff assistance and support programmes
* A range of programmes to support staff wellbeing, including company sick pay and private healthcare schemes
As RGN Senior Sister/Charge Nurse, you will deliver effective clinical leadership and management to the care and nursing teams on the respiratory unit, which caters to adults with complex neurological care needs or brain/spinal injuries. You will work alongside a large MDT with specialists in all areas of rehabilitation and recovery in this sector of care.
Duties will include managing staff rotas, staff attendance and sickness, supporting team members with their professional development and managing and monitoring staff performance. You will also participate in staff recruitment.
What we are looking for:
* NMC Registered Level 1 Adult Nurse/RGN/RNA
* Substantial post-registration experience, ideally within a neurological or respiratory setting
* Strong communication and leadership skills with a warm and empathetic nature
* Able to manage care plans, undertake risk assessments and act as Key Worker for some service users
* Up to date clinical skills relevant to a neurological or respiratory setting
If you are interested and would like to apply, please follow the link below.
Alternatively, for more information please call Siobhan Wieremiej at SYK Recruitment now on (phone number removed).
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation