Chemistry - Laboratory Technician c23-24k (Prorata)
3 month temp contract
A lab technician with experience in sample prep and basic chemistry techniques is urgently required to work with R&D teams to complete analysis of samples assists the R&D analysts developing high quality products.
* Assist in the preparation of prototypes
* Complete analysis of samples using physical chemistry techniques according to defined work practices/SOPs or to instructions from Lead Technician/workstream manager.
* Comply with company EHS Policies & Practices.
* Calibrate & operate laboratory equipment according to SOP’s/Methods, with work conducted using the principles of Best laboratory Practice.
* Support the development of new working procedures, methods or working practices for management approval.
* Identify ways to improve processes and methods
* Perform and complete the work activities to the defined plan and expected quality.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
* Background in Chemistry or a physical science or materials science
* Must have some commercial experience of working in a laboratory
* Sample Preparation
* Any chemistry techniques
* Some experience in developing or following SOP’s.
* Relevant technical experience resulting in a thorough knowledge of good laboratory practice, principles of sample preparation, measurement & analysis and relevant experience in measurement & analytical techniques.
* Able to perform basic laboratory tasks to a GLP standard e.g. calibration of instrumentation
* Good communication skills
* Use of MS excel and MS power point
* Ability to work in a fast pace environment (flexibility, resilience)
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work well both as a team and as an individual
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting AB/J5095 on (phone number removed) / (phone number removed) or apply to