ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
About the Position
The Analyst will work on a permanent basis within the Pharmaceutical Chemistry Laboratory at ALS Ely. Working as part of a team the Analyst will perform and assist with analytical work on pharmaceutical products, help with the equipment maintenance, calibration and other quality checks, and aid the efficient operation of the chemistry laboratory in order to meet customer and internal requirements.
The position will involve:
* Analysis of samples using various instrumental & wet chemistry methods e.g. HPLC, GC
* Calculation of results either manually or using MS excel
* Entering data onto LIMS
* Performing equipment checks and calibrations
* Ensuring assigned work is carried out in a timely fashion following the relevant procedures.
* Ensuring all relevant Quality and Health & Safety Procedures are followed
To be successful in this role you will have:
* Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or an appropriate subject, or proven experience in relevant analytical techniques
* Theoretical and practical knowledge of Chemical analysis across a range of methodologies, techniques and procedure e.g. HPLC, GC, AA etc.
* Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs
* Previous experience of working in a GMP laboratory environment is desirable.
* Ability to work alone and part of a team in a busy laboratory
* Good communication skills, written and oral, with good organisational skills and the ability to accurately follow methods and excellent attention to detail
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and skilled person looking to develop their career in an international company
Laboratory Information Management Systems
High Performance Liquid Chromatography