SRG is delighted to be supporting one of our busy Drug Discovery clients with a new temporary Laboratory Technician role.
Based within their Chemistry team, you will provide essential support to technical team to ensure they have the tools and materials to manage their research projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to expand their laboratory experience and skills. The roll is initially a 3 month contract, but there is good potential for this to be extended or possibly made permanent.
Day to day responsibilities include:
* Ensuring essential chemicals & consumables are kept at appropriate levels.
* Stocktaking & ordering replacements.
* Safely disposing of hazardous waste (in line with government regulations).
* Registration of new chemicals.
* Helping keep important equipment functioning.
* Ability to work & support other departments if required.
* Use of Microsoft Teams to track sample requests.
* Accurate weighing of solid compound samples
* Dissolving of solid compound samples in 1.1 mL tubes to precise volumes and concentrations, using a Gilson pipette
* Use of Mosaic sample management system and other Microsoft Excel-based in-house informatics tools.
* Use of IDBS Electronic lab notebook.
* Picking and preparation of compound sample shipments, using appropriate packaging, preparation of documentation and despatch via couriers.
* Adherence to strict Health and Safety rules
Ideal candidates will hold a degree or equivalent in Chemistry (or a related subject) with some previous laboratory experience. Candidates must possess a good understanding of basic Chemistry techniques and clearly demonstrate good time management and organisational skills. Ideal candidates will be a driven and motivated to offer daily support in an ever changing environment. Experience of working under pressure to meet strict deadlines is critical.
To discuss this exciting opportunity further, please contact Philippa Clark at SRG on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)
Packaging And Labeling