Chesterfield FC Academy Physiotherapist
Chesterfield Football Club
Up to £26,500 depending on experience
Chesterfield Football Club, Training facility at St George Graves and Warminster Road Games Programme
Permanent (Full time)
10 October 2019
14 October 2019
To provide a high level of physiotherapy service for the Under 9 to Under 18 football players at Chesterfield Football Club. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of physiotherapy to our U9-18 year old players. The candidate will be expected to be pitch side and cover training sessions on at least 3 evenings and arrange adequate qualified personal cover each week and to also work on Saturday(Youth Alliance Fixture) and Sunday morning Game Programme providing medical support for training and games as appropriate. The candidate will also be expected to upload medical information to the Performance Management Application (PMA) on a daily basis.
The suitable applicant must be HCPC registered and able to provide HCPC registration number.
1. Main Duties
* All aspects of the role should be bound by professional confidentially
* To maintain a professional manner at all times whilst representing the club
* To maintain appropriate liaison with necessary staff. Accountable for day to day communication with PDP coach and reporting
* Liaise with Sports Science on regular basis regarding fitness testing and strength and conditioning sessions
* Alongside the medical and sports science department, plan and provide injury prevention programmes for all Academy players
* To assess with the with club doctor/head physiotherapist/development physiotherapist on all players regarding fitness and injury status. This may involve assessment/discussion with players and their family doctors
* Provide and use the appropriate medical equipment as necessary.
* Provide the appropriate range and quantity of treatments utilising current literature
* Provide medical support and input to the players, and where appropriate staff and officials of the club
* Work with the medical department to assess players re fitness and injury status and decide on players fitness to train and play
* Plan treatment programmes, in conjunction with the other physiotherapist(s), for injured players and advice the suitable member of coaching staff for player's availability to train and play.
* Coordinate/provide medical education to the players in terms of nutrition, injuries and doping matters
* Arrange and undertake appropriate medical examinations for players, This should include pre-signing medicals (with appropriate liaison with additional staff) annual checks and additional investigations.
* Organise and conduct further investigations and consultant appointments where needed.
* Inform medical insurance when additional medical investigations are required
* Provide competent pitch-side first aid to all players at the club where necessary
* To write programmes for individual players for post and pre injury
* To monitor and record each player movement ability on a six weekly basis, then to programme accordingly depending on results.
* To compile performance reviews, in line with the requirements of the EPPP, and deliver feedback to players and parents both formally in meetings, and informally as required.
* To compile a formal report of conclusions and actions following the performance review meetings and ensure that these are recorded on the Club's Performance Management System.
* To liaise on a daily basis with the all relevant Academy staff on any outstanding issues.
3. Person Specification
* The suitable applicant must be HCPC registered and able to provide HCPC registration
Number. In addition the applicant must have completed BSC physiotherapy degree BSc
(Hons) Physiotherapy or higher degree
* BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy or higher degree.
* Membership of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
* Appropriate First Aid Course (FA AREA course/IFAS
* Appropriate child protection/Disclosure certification
* UK Full Driving Licence
* The role will involve working weekdays, weekends and some evenings as required, and the successful candidate will be passionate about working for Chesterfield FC
4. Other responsibilities
* To be aware of the EPPP rules and requirements relating to the Academy
* Maintenance on contemporary, legible and appropriate medical records, audits, registers and their confidential storage using the PMA where needed.
* To attend staff meetings as required.
* To attend games as required.
* To be aware of current trends and best practice in Youth Development.
* To continually look for ways to develop and improve our coaching programme in the Academy.
* To attend Academy Management Team meetings as required and give feedback or information on all aspects of Sports Science in line with the clubs Academy Performance Plan.
How to apply
Applications in writing with a covering letter and/or document which specifically outlines your suitability for the role, along with a CV detailing your skills and experience.
Please provide the names of two industry referees.
Send your covering letter and CV to Academy Manager Matthew Whitehouse to both [Click here to apply]
and [Click here to apply]
with your e-mail clearly titled:
"APPLICATION: CHESTERFIELD FC ACADEMY PHYSIOTHERAPIST.
Closing date for applications is 5.00pm on Thursday 10th October 2019