Our Clients mission is to tackle the global crisis of fugitive plastic waste, reducing towards zero its impact on the natural environment. Having invested heavily in R&D over the last few years to set new standards for biodegradable plastic they are now in a position to scale up its operations by appointing a Chief Development Officer with experience of working in a fast-paced innovation environment.
The potential candidate will be responsible for managing the company’s existing network of development projects, with a particular emphasis on client development projects. The position plays a key cornerstone role within the Innovations team by linking and liaising both personnel and equipment to the right project to meet deliverables on time and in budget. In addition, the individual will interface with commercial members of the team, as well as clients to identify the right technological solution in partnership with production engineers and technicians of the related businesses with whom we are collaborating. The candidate will work with and report directly to the VP of Innovations. Key responsibilities will include:
* Create an overarching management system to track personnel and projects to ensure deliverables are met on time and in budget.
* Manage all aspects of development projects company, from selection and deployment of the appropriate technology, through to management of product performance and key personnel therein to deliver results on schedule.
* Interface with team members to identify areas of risk that could cause the prolongation of projects and provide mitigation options.
* Be the key technical contact, forming a bridge between different individuals within the Innovations team and other areas of the business.
* Assist the VP of Innovations in developing of working methods of the Innovations team to ensure smooth running of operations, whilst building in resilient operating systems to ensure efficient resolution of issues.
* Lead the development of new client and technical advances in the company’s core technology.
* Build a strong communicative relationship with the VP of Innovations to assist in identifying strategic technology partnerships, which align with their mid and long-term R&D objectives Salary - Salary will be commensurate with experience.
* At least 5 years of experience of working in polymer processing or R&D activities within polymer processing or drop-in additive technological design and implementation.
* Proven experience of people management, organisation and delivery to deadlines in an applicative project or in an industrial project is essential.
* Proven experience of managing work-streams and multiple projects simultaneously, including effective methods of prioritisation, presenting and planning of projects is essential.
* PhD in polymer science / engineering
* Very strong communication skills, both orally and in written format is essential.
* The ability to communicate with clients and collaborators inside and outside of the UK in a clear and effective manner is necessary.
* A driving licence and the willingness to travel is essential.
* Knowledge of the polymer industry is essential. Knowledge of polymer degradation and biodegradation processes is a plus but not necessary.
* The ideal candidate needs to be very well organised, gregarious, and have a willingness to engage with both scientists and business partners.
Whitehall is the Recruitment Specialist for the Chemicals, Resins, Pigments, Coatings, Polymers, Pharmaceutical and Science based Industries