* 4920 Campbell Blvd, Nottingham, MD 21236, USA
Kaiser Permanente is committed to helping shape the future of health care. We are recognized as one of America's leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans.
Founded in 1945, our mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve. We serve 9.1 million members in eight states and the District of Columbia. Care for members and patients is focused on their total health and guided by their personal physicians, specialists and team of caregivers. Our expert and caring medical teams are empowered and supported by industry-leading technology advances and tools for health promotion, disease prevention, state-of-the art care delivery and world-class chronic disease management.
Kaiser Permanente is dedicated to care innovations, clinical research, health education and the support of community health.
The Child Psychologist evaluates and treats patients referred by mental health providers, conducts family therapy, consults with primary care providers regarding mental health aspects of family and patient management and performs psychological testing.
* Evaluates and diagnoses the mental health of children and adults, utilizing psychological tests where appropriate. Provides brief intensive treatment for children and families, in person and through telemedicine, as well as ongoing group and supportive therapy in appropriate cases.
* Determines need for child psychiatric referrals in consultation with pediatricians and mental health providers.
* Consults regularly with the mental health staff and pediatric primary care providers on patient care issues.
* Maintains liaison with community resources for child mental health services.
* Assists in implementing mental health in-service educating programs for medical staff. Participates in staff development meetings and quality-or-care activities on a regular basis.
* Performs other related duties as directed.
Behavioral health department is looking for an experienced child psychologist for our White Marsh location.
Provider will complete psychological testing, biopsychosocial assessments as well as provide individual counseling.
Hours: M, T, TH, F 9:00 am-5:30 pm & Wednesday 10:30 am-7:00 pm.
* Minimum five (5) years of post PhD or PsyD (Doctorate in Psychology) clinical experience required.
* Experience with children required. Education
* PhD or PsyD in clinical psychology required. License, Certification, Registration
* Must be licensed to practice as a clinical psychologist in all three (3) jurisdictions in which KPMAS operates - VA, MD and DC are required
* New employees have one year from date of hire to obtain appropriate licensure in all three (3) jurisdictions.
* National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
* Knowledge and proficiency with a range of clinical approaches to care required.
* Knowledge and experience with Psychological testing required.
* Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
* Strong assessment skills.
* Treatment planning expertise.
* Strong goal oriented psychotherapy skills.
* Initiative; capacity for independent practice.
* Customer focus and strong ability to function as a team member.
* Basic computer literacy and work processing skill and experience preferred.
* Experience in CBT required.
* Preferred experience in DBT, medical/integrative model and eating disorders
Primary Location: Maryland,White Marsh,White Marsh Medical Center 4920 Campbell Blvd.Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40Shift: DayWorkdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, FriWorking Hours Start: 9:00 AMWorking Hours End: 5:30 PMJob Schedule: Full-timeJob Type: StandardEmployee Status: RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation: UFCW - Local 27Job Level: Individual ContributorJob Category: Behavioral / Mental HealthDepartment: Mental Health/PsychiatryTravel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.