Blackstone Recruitment are working with a Mental Health Charity who are recruiting for a Schools Mental Health Practitioner to join their team. They are open to applications from both Locums or those looking for a permanent role.
This is an exciting opportunity for a fully qualified CYP MH Practitioner to work within a multi-disciplinary, early intervention Mental Health Support Team (MHST) to increase and improve emotional wellbeing and mental health provision within education settings for 5-25 year olds. You will be working within a successful Trailblazer site, which has emerged out of the governments December 2017 plans: Transforming Children and Young Peoples Mental Health Provision: a Green Paper.
Applications encouraged from: Child Wellbeing Practitioners (CWPs), Education Mental Health Practitioners (EMHPs), CYP Practitioners with a CYP IAPT qualification.
Main duties of the job
You will have an active caseload of children and adolescents with mild moderate emotional and mental health difficulties and will deliver evidence-based 1:1 and group interventions, employing the principles underpinning the national CYP-IAPT programme (Children and Young Peoples Improving Access to Psychological Therapies). Low intensity interventions (e.g. CBT guided self-help) will be delivered in a range of education settings (primary, secondary, special, alternative provision and sixth form and further education colleges). This will range from delivering evidence-based interventions for CYP and parents/carers in education settings, with mild moderate presentations, to providing psychoeducation and training for a range of stakeholders, including children and young people, parents/carers and education staff, promoting a whole school approach to mental health.
A full list of duties can be provided for this role
Hourly Rate: Locum rate To be confirmed - negotiable. Annual Salary is £29,888 a year
Working Hours: Full-time hours
Contract Type: Locum or Permanent
* Direct experience delivering interventions for CYP aged 5-25 with mild moderate mental health difficulties
* Experience of routine outcome monitoring
* Experience of clinical risk assessment
* Understanding of child development and psychosocial influences
* Experience working in a multi-disciplinary mental health team
* Experience handling safeguarding concerns for CYP and adults
* Experience working in education settings
* Experience engaging a range of stakeholders (young people, families, mental health providers, schools etc.)
* Excellent communication skills
* Organisational skills and excellent time management
* Experience of using Microsoft Office package
* Experience using CYP IAPTUS patient record system
* Experience of working with children and young people with neurodevelopmental conditions
* Hold a current qualification from an accredited body to deliver evidence-based interventions for CYP
For further information on this role, please contact Kirsty at Blackstone Recruitment on the details provided or APPLY now.
Blackstone Recruitment is a workforce solutions provider and approved national framework agency for clinical and healthcare staffing. Our specialist divisions cover Healthcare, Mental Health, Social Care and Education. Blackstone Recruitment is a supplier of choice to NHS trusts, local authorities and private organisations. Our combined experience enables us to deliver qualified, compliant and experienced candidates to our clients across the UK and overseas. Contact us today to find out more on how we can help you