Are you a practicing Christian with a QCF level 5 or equivalent qualification in health and social care?
Do you like the sound of leading a dedicated staff team and enhancing the lives of people in your local community?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Registered Care Manager to lead a team based in Cheltenham on a full time and permanent basis.
You will be joining an innovative Christian charity that provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for offenders seeking to live crime-free lives!
As our Registered Care Manager, you will manage the delivery of a dynamic care home and lead our service in line with our Christian Mission and Values, legislative and regulatory requirements. With your cohesive and motivating leadership qualities you will lead and empower your team to support clients to achieve independent living and crime free lives.
Responsibilities of the Registered Care Manager:
• Leading, developing and supervising your team and maintain agreed staffing levels, rotas to provide safe levels of cover at all times.
• Promoting and instilling a strong culture of health and safety within the project including ensuring that the Trust buildings you manage are maintained to a safe and habitable standard
• Manage the referral process within the project to achieve agreed occupancy levels
• Assessing and fully managing the risk levels including those posed by clients and ensuring safe and acceptable levels to protect the public, staff and other clients.
• Welcoming visitors to the project and ensuring their safety ensuring that the delivery of care to individual clients and within the Home is managed safely and to a high quality
The Cheltenham project is a Forensic Step down facility with a small friendly team of 16 and 15 clients.
You will support clients with multiple needs, mental health issues and substance misuse issues.
Requirements to become the Registered Care Manager:
• A practising and professing Christian, able to lead a culture based on Christian principles
• A knowledge and understanding of the Christian doctrines
• To have an active prayer life and to pray for and with a range of stakeholders
• QCF level 5 or equivalent qualification in health and social care or a subject related to the role, or equivalent experience that satisfies CQC requirements (or the commitment to work for and obtain within 2 years)
• Registered Manager – Accredited and Registered with CQC Regulating Authority (or willing to undertake on appointment)
• Significant proven track record of dynamic leadership at management level within a relevant residential care, treatment or criminal justice setting
• Experience of working within a residential Care setting and in the running of a Care home
• Experience of resource and budget management to maximise service effectiveness
• Experience of staff development to build, lead and develop teams effectively
• Understanding of the current issues in the provision of services support for persons with mental health and learning disabilities or complex needs
• Up to date knowledge of the legislative and policy frameworks that inform this area of work (e.g. Requirements of CQC, H&S legislation, MCA, DOLs etc)
• Willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check and Adults Barred List check which must be satisfactory
• Able to travel and stay overnight nationally
• Self-starter, able to work independently to deadlines, outcome focused, solution focussed, shows resilience
• Numerate, literate and analytical with attention to details to be able to research and develop records and reports
• Ability to use IT to research, benchmark and produce policy and financial reports
Working a minimum of 37 hours per week, some of which will be unsocial
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-recognised company during a key period!
Qcf Level 5