We are looking for a Chromatography Technical Specialist to join our Hichrom site in Theale, Reading, on a full-time permanent basis.
In your role, you will be responsible for answering technical enquiries from customers and associates on all areas of chromatography, serving as a subject matter expert in order to ultimately drive sales growth and margin.
Working hours: Monday-Friday 09:00am-17:00pm
What you’ll do on a typical day:
* Respond to all technical queries from UK customers, VWR and Avantor associates and our world-wide distributor base via email and telephone, offering technical support, recommendations, and advice in all areas of chromatography (in particular HPLC)
* Address customer product concerns in line with our quality obligations, investigating the cause and bringing any concerns to a satisfactory conclusion
* Maintain and develop excellent relations with our worldwide supplier base, keeping up with new developments from all suppliers and our own manufacturing and R&D facilities
* Maintain and update records for equipment servicing and routine experiments, along with any other relevant administrative tasks
* Get involved with regular projects for continuous process and product improvement, offering suggestions
What you’ll need to be successful at Avantor:
* A degree or equivalent in a Chemistry or related subject is highly desirable
* Strong technical competence, excellent theoretical and practical experience in all areas of reversed phase HPLC along with other knowledge of other areas of chromatography (GPC, Chiral, Affinity, Ion Chromatography etc.)
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, you’ll liaise with stakeholders both internally and externally and at different levels.
* Competent in Microsoft Office packages, desirably experience with SAP and Athena however this is not essential
What we offer:
Here at Avantor, we focus on you. Along with a competitive salary of £25,000, we will offer you a dynamic environment where you can feel at ease while gaining practical experience
High Performance Liquid Chromatography