Service Care Solutions are looking for a Civilian Investigator to cover a major contract in the Central London area.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing the force' critical incident response to deaths or serious injury (DSI) following police contact which includes deaths in police custody, police shootings and DSI involving police collisions.
They will be required to undertake thorough investigations into such incidents.
They will also investigate on duty criminal allegations involving police officers and public complaints/internal conduct investigations assessed as gross misconduct.
They will operate within one of five specialist teams with pan London responsibility and will be required to perform a 24/7 on call duty for 7 days every 5 weeks (split into two blocks of 3 and 4 days).
Agency workers will be under the supervision of a Detective Sergeant (DS). Their role will include:
• Trace and interview victims/witnesses
• Liaise with Local Authority CSC re sharing of information and potentially attend strategy meetings.
• Researching police databases for victims/witnesses/suspects.
• Assist officers when processing suspects by conducting searches/interviews
• Preparation of relevant documentation for and submission of items/devices to forensic hubs/labs for examination
• Assist officers in reviewing material held by the investigation team, including third party material.
• Assist officers with preparation of case files/scheduling of disclosure material
• Assist IOs with preparation of cases for court. Collection and conveyance of witnesses/victims as directed by the DS. Support at trial as directed by the DS.
This is a Civilian Investigator (ex-officer) role, meaning that candidates must have worked directly for a UK based police force in order to be considered.
University qualifications will not be taken into account for this position.
If you are interested, please ring Martin Cookson on [Click here to apply]