Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a Civilian Investigator Vacancy covering a major contract in the Central London area.
The post holder will be responsible for providing the force's critical incident response to deaths or serious injury (DSI) following police contact. This will include deaths in police custody, police shootings and DSI involving police collisions. Following incidents, the post holder will undertake thorough investigations.
They will also investigate on duty criminal allegations involving police officers and public complaints/internal conduct investigations assessed as gross misconduct.
As the post holder will be working within one of five specialist teams, the post holder will be required to perform a 24/7 on call duty for 7 days every 5 weeks (split into two blocks of 3 and 4 days).
Agency workers will be under the supervision of a Detective Sergeant. Their role will include:
• Trace and interview victims and witnesses.
• Liaise with Local Authority CSC re sharing of information and potentially attend strategy meetings.
• Researching police databases for victims, witnesses and suspects.
• Assist officers when processing suspects by conducting searches and interviews
• Preparing relevant documentation for and submission of items/devices to forensic hubs/labs for examination.
• Assist officers in reviewing material held by the investigation team, including third party material.
• Assist officers with preparation of case files/scheduling of disclosure material.
• Assist IOs with preparation of cases for court. Collection and conveyance of witnesses and victims as directed by the DS. Support at trial as directed by the DS.
As this is Civilian Investigator (ex-officer) role, candidates must have worked directly for a UK based police force in order to be considered.
University qualifications will not be taken into account for this position.
If you are interested, please ring Becci Grime on [Click here to apply]