Clinical Assessor - Home working / Remote Stoke on Trent
Are you an experienced healthcare professional looking for a new challenge? Have you considered a career that offers you a chance to use your current skills in a different way? Are you analytical, able to assess clinical information from multiple sources and create factual reports? Would you like the opportunity to work from the comfort of your own home?
My client is seeking clinicians to join their award-winning clinically led organisation. They are the leading provider of clinical outsourcing across the UK.
Day to Day
With the coronavirus pandemic changing the way we all work; Assessors will be able to work from home and complete telephone-based assessments. You will also be assigned a base location ensuring you receive structured face-to-face clinical training.
Working as a Nurse Assessor is a rewarding role for someone who thrives in a communication and patient focused environment. Your day-to-day role will include:
* Holding consultations with people over the phone making a claim for the Personal Independent Payment (PIP) benefit in relation to a disability or condition.
* Conducting a thorough functional medical assessment of their disability or condition.
* Using your strong communications skills to learn more about how their disability affects them.
* Working with a varied caseload and complex conditions including physical, mental health, cognitive and sensory impairments.
* Producing comprehensive and impartial evidence based reports for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to help them ensure that people receive the right benefits and support.
* Working autonomously to manage your clinic and consultations, free from admin tasks like sending patient letters or calling people who do not show up.
* Linking in with your regional support network and our wider team of like-minded healthcare professionals as you need to.
* We are looking for healthcare professionals who have:
* RGN/RMN/RNLD/Paramedic/Physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist
* Full registration with the NMC/HCPC
* A minimum of 2 years' post qualification experience.
* Excellent clinical, communication and interpersonal skills.
* A positive, empathetic and professional manner.
* Strong computer and IT skills.
* The ability to work autonomously.
* Ability to work under pressure, and be flexible and adaptable in your approach.
You do not need to worry about preparing for the job. We will give you all the training, skills and support that you need to thrive in your role as a Disability Assessor.
What you will gain
* 33 days of annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays.
* Flexible day-time, weekday hours that fit around your life.
* The choice to work weekends and earn rewarding overtime payments.
* Progression opportunities with a clear banding and pay structure.
* Access to our award winning clinical training and development resources.
* Revalidation support for nurses.
* Healthcare cash plan enabling you to claim back on costs such as dental.
* Free and discounted physio.
* Bupa Rewards scheme with savings across thousands of brands.
* Pension scheme with salary exchange agreement option.
* Free counselling and support services.
* Company-wide and regional social events.
* Great team dynamics and a supportive clinical culture.
* Less admin tasks and more autonomy in your role.
All of your recruitment will take place remotely