The jobholder will on behalf of National Learning and Development Centre deliver mandatory, academic and clinical nursing training across the Voyage Care Group.
Key Result areas:
1. To support the Learning and Development Manager by working as a member of the team in developing and fulfilling training strategies for the company to support its business objectives.
2. To support the Moving and Assisting and Basic Life Support Lead Trainers in the planning, implementation, delivery and associated support / assessment of manual handling training throughout the company.
3. To actively develop programmes of specialist clinical training throughout the company to ensure the appropriate level of training to meet the company objectives.
4. To plan, implement, deliver and evaluate mandatory and clinical courses to meet the needs of staff and the company objectives.
5. To actively participate in the delivery of training provision and development opportunities for all staff across the company, ensuring the most effective use of resources and appropriateness of delivery, including remote and classroom delivery methods.
6. To provide advice, support and guidance to all registered managers both nursing and non- nursing on clinical matters and assist with the development of new services and newly promoted staff throughout the organisation.
7. To contribute to all aspects of clinical training and assessment throughout the organisation to
ensure a fully qualified workforce, compliant with the NMC The Code: Professional Standards of Practice for Nurses and Midwives (2015), National Minimum Standards and CQC requirements.
8. To develop innovative, flexible and appropriate initiatives to meet the Company's training needs.
9. To liaise with the National Learning and Development Centre ensuring training programmes are in place, available corporately and locally to meet individual and service need requirements; and are reviewed in line with current practice and trends.
10. To further develop and maintain links with higher education establishments with the aim of
encouraging return to practice and nursing students from the appropriate disciplines using our nursing services for placements.
11. To link with nurses across the Company to develop robust Clinical Supervision practices.
- Nursing Qualification (active PIN)
- Good general level of education including English and Maths to GCSE standard
- Level 3 Award in Education & Training, PTLLS, or equivalent
Skills & Abilities:
- Organisational skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Management skills
- Computer literate including word processing, PowerPoint and Excel
- 2 years' experience in a training role
- 2 years in a management/Supervisory role
- Developed and delivered training to managers/ staff
- Evaluation and assessment of training
Full driving licence, able to travel with overnight stays
In return we offer a competitive package including a car/car allowance and pension. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a motivated and determined team. So, make a great career move and apply now.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check for Regulated Activity which will include a check against the barred Adult and Childrens lists. We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Basic Life Support
- Business Planning
- Clinical Works
- Computer Literacy