Position: Clinical Nurse - NMC Registered - RMN or RNLD
Hours: 37.5 per week (Monday-Friday)
Salary Details: Competitive
We are currently seeking a Clinical Nurse to join our Adult Mental Health, at Cedar House in Kent. We’re looking for a Full time caring and committed individual who wants to work with a company that understands how important Practice Nurses are to our patient’s/residents recovery.
* Previously worked for the NHS Preferred not essential
* Experience working with Young people and/or Adults with Learning disabilities, Autism and Mental Health Problems
* NMC Registered- RMN or RNLD
* Possess self-motivation, drive and excellent patient communication skills
* Possess and presents a friendly and positive attitude
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Worker alongside Support Worker, doctors, therapist and other experts
* Follow instructions and work off own initiative
* Administer and distribute medication
* Help with general medical needs
* Assess patient’s conditions
* Keep patients records up to date
* Provide emotional support to all patient’s
* Help to educate patient’s on how to manage their illness
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, the post holder may be required to undertake other duties following appropriate discussion with their line manager.
Who we are!
Cedar House is a 40 bed hospital for adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues, personality disorders, autism and challenging behaviours, who are detained under the Mental Health Act. Cedar House enjoys a beautiful rural location situated in the village of Barham, on the outskirts of Canterbury and is easily accessible by public transport, being on the main bus route between Canterbury and Folkestone.
Coveberry, part of the CareTech family are one the leading specialist healthcare providers, with hospital and centres throughout England, delivering a wide ranging services in adult mental health and learning disabilities, specialist brain injury, child and adult mental health services (CAMHS) including eating disorders and social care for children with special needs.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. If you have not heard back within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful on this occasion
Hardworking And Dedicated