POSITION: We are looking for CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALIST, Band 7
SALARY: £23 to £30
LOCATION: The position is based in West London , please get in touch for more locations.
REFERENCE NO: KV(phone number removed)
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will join the multidisciplinary team in the delivery of clinical assessment and provision of therapy to young people (0-18) and their families and/or carers within the Eating Disorder Service.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will ensure the provision of highly specialist nursing services to young people and their families and/or carers within CAMHS. This will include providing outreach work to patients who may find it hard to attend clinics and in-reach work into Tier 4 Services.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will manage physical health clinics with the support and consultation of medical staff as required.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will provide individual therapy to identified patients, as well as short term therapy (individual, family, groups) to patients presenting with subthreshold disorders. He /she will also contribute towards Multi Family Therapy Groups.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will provide consultation and advice to CAMHS colleagues of nursing and other disciplines and other agencies with respect to eating disorder/ disordered eating presentations.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will undertake complex multi-agency work with external agencies (e.g. education, social services) and with colleagues within West London Mental Health Trust with respect to eating disorder/ disordered eating presentations.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will work autonomously within professional guidelines and exercise responsibility for the nursing governance of nursing practice within the Eating Disorder Service.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will have responsibility for contributing to the clinical governance agenda of the service, which will include teaching, training, audit, professional development and service development.
The post holder will provide specialist advisory knowledge, training and mentorship to other professionals and will also assist in leading and monitoring the performance and work of the nursing staff; supervising the work of other nursing staff and student nurses. The Clinical Nurse Specialist will deputise for the Lead Nurse when required.
To participate in existing and future service developments, such as, assertive outreach approaches, daytime emergency assessments, links with Adult Mental Health Services.
QUALIFICATIONS & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Registered on the NMC register, parts RN3, RNMH or RN4
* Evidence of accredited courses in child and adolescent mental health practice
* Mentorship/ teaching and assessing qualification
* First or higher degree in appropriate subject area or equivalent post registration training and experience
* Right to work in the UK
* References covering last 3 years of clinical employment
* NMC Registration
* Overseas Police Check, if any
* Indemnity Insurance
* Up to date CV
* Key skills: Compassion, Time management, Clinical Skills
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
* Great pay rates
* Flexible working
* Ad-Hoc and or long-term assignments
* Assistance with arranging accommodation
* Ongoing support with CPD/Re-validation/Mandatory Training
* In-house Phlebotomy
* Fast track registration
* True 24/7 on call service
Did not find what you are looking for?
Work with us and access exclusive opportunities in medicine, healthcare and education across the UK & Ireland. No matter your experience level, professional goals or speciality, we will help you to find your ideal job.
* Exclusive, career-boosting jobs- Build your CV and expand your career with opportunities that no-one else can access.
* More options & flexibility- Enjoy the freedom to choose your location, areas of interest, working hours and shift patterns
We have generous referral bonus and plenty of medical vacancies available whether you are a Doctor, Nurse, HCA, AHP or a Midwife
Community Mental Health Services