Clinical Nurse Specialist
£39,429 per annum £9,000 Welcome Bonus for all Nurses
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced registered Nurse ( RMN / RNLD / RGN / RSCN ), to join a leading Psychiatric hospital as a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
This role is working within a specialist hospital for adults with mental health needs based in South West London. This hospital consists of gender-specific Psychiatric Intensive Care Units ( PICU ) for adults with complex mental health conditions and challenging behaviours. Each unit has its own specialist multi-disciplinary care team in order to provide the best therapeutic outcome for patients, and each treatment programme is bespoke to each individual's needs. .
The Hospital offers an excellent staff induction programme with ongoing staff development and training opportunities for everyone. We are looking for qualified nurses to join their full multi-disciplinary team to ensure the wellbeing and care of adolescent patients.
Your role will include;
- Provide the daily clinical nursing leadership for the service and will be responsible for ensuring that high standards of care are upheld maintained at all times.
- The individual will be highly visible and accessible to patients and their families and staff, ensuring all patients and their families.
- The Clinical Nurse Specialist will work with staff nurses and other multidisciplinary team members in daily practice. Will provide leadership in clinical nursing practice, actively working in collaboration with the Clinical Ward Managers to develop the scope of practice for staff nurses, have the opportunity to seek information, help and support, or to communicate problematic or celebratory issues.
- To work closely with the Ward Managers to ensure that all patient safety elements are progressed and that wider support is provided to the governance agenda.
- To adopt a flexible approach to hours of duty in order to meet the needs of the service over a 24 hour period.
Person Specification :
We are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic, flexible experienced senior nurse with experience or a strong desire to work within children and adolescents' mental health care.
We are able to accept applications from nurses trained as an RMN or RNLD Nurse. You must have a person-centred approach to care and have a genuine desire to make a difference to your patients' lives.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK without the need for sponsorship.
Working at this service you will receive a range of benefits, please see the details below -
- Competitive Salary
- Pension - up to 3% matching contributions
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
Training and Development:
- Thorough induction programme tailored to the individual and this service
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Direct support from the Manager / senior members of the Nursing team
- On-going training
- Annual leave - 25 days plus bank holidays increasing with length of service
- Sick pay - 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- Maternity leave - 3 month's full pay and 3 month's half pay
- Paternity leave - 2 week's paid
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
Work Culture and Lifestyle:
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Range of staff discounts
- Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
- Flexibility with working hours and shift patterns
For more information or to apply for the role please call Lydia Robinson on [Click here to apply] and email a copy of your CV to [Click here to apply]
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.