Clinical Nurse Team Leader x2 (Two Different Wards)
This Stafford Hospital offers children and young people with mental health needs a tranquil environment where they can recuperate and recover. Set in an old country manor house on well-maintained grounds, the hospital looks after children and young people with eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia and other complex mental health conditions, such as bipolar disorder and emerging personality disorder.
CQC Overall Rating - Good.
We are seeking two Clinical Nurse Team Leaders to work on two separate wards, within Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS).
* To provide clinical leadership to nursing team and ensure the provision of high quality
* To ensure high quality individualised person centre standards of care are delivered to all patients
* Ensure the effective supervision and development of staff
* To work and act as a key member of the team, supporting each patient with achieving their planned outcomes
* To act as the lead nurse in the assessment, implementation of care through to point of discharge
* To take charge of clinical area
* To take a lead on developing and maintaining communication with patients relatives, families and carers, to support them to support patients goals
* To adopt a flexible approach to hours of duty, in order to meet the needs of the service over a 24 hour period.
* To work according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and relevant professional guidelines as a named nurse or key worker for patients.
* To provide strong clinical leadership to the nursing team
* To lead promoting respect and advocacy for all patients
* To be an active participant in the multidisciplinary team, formulating care plans and utilising appropriate assessments.
* Liaise effectively with MDT to assess and manage risks identified through assessment of patients.
* To regularly review risk factors and work in conjunction with the MDT to modify care plans as appropriate.
* To act as the primary nurse for inpatient stay.
* To ensure that clinical practice is evidenced based and consistent with relevant NICE guidelines and the organisations policies and procedures
* To undertake clinical supervision to further develop competence and clinical practice.
* To act as a mentor/preceptor to students/support workers as appropriate.
* To supervise junior staff in carrying out their care plans.
* To liaise effectively with all stakeholders in the care process, including carers and relatives, aspiring to provide an effective, seamless and integrated service to patients.
* To lead the administration of medicine within the guidelines and framework of the Nursing and Midwifery Council and organisation protocols
* Practice within the defined parameters under the Mental Health Act 1983/2007.
* Ensure all clinical documentation is of a high standard and patient notes are maintained and filed in the appropriate way
* Provide a highly specialised range of clinical interventions and knowledge of evidence based models of practice relevant to the patients needs
* Lead the nursing team to ensure optimum levels of professional care, underpinned by organisational policies and procedures.
* Ensure on each shift the effective provision of supervision and support is given to the nursing team as appropriate
* Lead and manage allocated resources effectively through efficient resource allocation, skill mixes, roster management, and utilisation of equipment and authorisation of bank/agency staff as designated by senior nursing management team
* Participating in clinical audit, clinical risk and quality issues, including the management and reporting of incidents
* Deputise for the manager as and when required.
Should you require any further information please contact Gemma at Optima Nursing & Care Services Ltd.
Optima Nursing & Care Services Ltd is an employment agency with a legitimate interest in providing work finding services. Please be advised that by submitting your CV to Optima, directly or via any of our job advertisement platforms, your personal data will be held on our secure internal CRM. Your personal data will not be shared with any third parties without your consent. As an individual, you have the right to withdraw consent for your details to be held on our database at any time