Oncology Pharmaceutical Coordinator
Salford Quays, ManchesterPermanent, Full time, Part time may be considered. A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.About the area you'll be working in
We provide a range of health insurance options which can give customers access to diagnosis, treatment and specialist support services. The benefits available to our customers include; access to Bupa-approved consultants, breakthrough treatment and drugs, our 24/7 Anytime HealthLine and cancer cover that comes with the Bupa cancer promise.What you'll be doing
You'll be an expert resource and clinician within our specialist Oncology Care Team. Acting as an escalation point for all complex oncology drug requests including the authorisation of out of license treatments.What's a typical day?
You'll provide support, guidance and information to other members of the wider oncology team and other teams servicing customers with cancer. Working closely with other clinicians, providers and colleagues to assess and evaluate potentially high cost treatment plans.
Who we're looking for?
- Act as escalation point to other business areas, championing best practice and providing assistance to other business areas in handling of complex drug treatments.
- Fully investigate and resolve, where possible, all drug queries and complaints from customers.
- Keep up to date on clinical research and current licensing of drugs in order to provide information to the oncology team and colleagues.
- Proactively liaise with hospitals and consultants to obtain relevant medical information to support accurate decision making.
- Working closely with the Bupa Healthcare Analytics team, provide monthly reporting on the operational management of oncology drugs
You must be a qualified Pharmacist, ideally with experience of the oncology field and knowledge of drugs used in the treatment of cancer.
What's it like to work here?
- degree in Pharmaceutical Science (MPharm)
- GPhC Registered
- Current knowledge of drugs used in the treatment of cancer
- Experience of working within a hospital pharmacy preferably in oncology
- Strong IT skills including the ability to combine talking and typing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including both telephone and letter writing skills, and the ability to deal effectively with internal and external customers of all levels must be resilient and able to keep difficulties in perspective.
We want people to 'love working here', so much so that's it's at the top of our agenda and something you'll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what's most important to you. We're a healthcare company so there's a huge focus on our people's health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.Our Salford Quays office is a brand new purpose-built facility which has been specially designed for modern, flexible ways of working. For non-drivers, it's easily accessible by tram from central Manchester.Benefits
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
- BMJ and Open Athens journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Work life balance
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- You're paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Discounts on Bupa products
- Free onsite gym and subsidised staff restaurant
- Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Health line
We're an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone - all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. If you'd like to learn more, please visit www.bupa.com