Clinical Pharmacist | Pharmacy | Southampton | Equivalent to Band 7 | Full Time | 8.30 am-5.30 pm with on-call
Spire Southampton Hospital is looking for a Clinical Pharmacist to join our busy department on a full-time basis working 37.5 hours per week.
Spire Southampton provides a wide range of services including daycare, inpatient, and outpatient services. The main activity is elective (planned) surgery, and more complex procedures such as cardiac and spinal surgery are supported by the onsite critical care facilities.
The hospital works in partnership with local NHS acute hospital trusts, for example in the recent provision of robotic surgery, and there is a large refurbished outpatient department along with extensive diagnostic imaging services.
Duties and responsibilities –
- To provide an exemplary pharmacy service in accordance with current legislation, accepted professional and ethical standards, and clinical requirements.
- To provide advice and support to consultants, other clinicians and patients ensuring the safe, appropriate and cost-effective use of medicines.
- To advise the hospital and its departments on the safe management of medicines, ensuring compliance with current legislation and professional standards.
- To promote a multidisciplinary, patient-focused approach to the delivery of an efficient, high-quality healthcare service.
Who we're looking for –
- Be GPHC registered - your registration should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Must have a minimum of 2 years, post-graduation experience in a hospital environment at ward level
- Clinical diploma desirable
- Communication/organised/role model/showcase excellent patient care etc.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work-life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Penny Lawless on 07715 055760 or [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications