We are now inviting applications for the position of Ward Manager, The Meriden Hospital Walsgrave Coventry.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Services, the main purpose of the job is to:
- Organise and manage the activities of the Ward ensuring an efficient and effective service to all users whilst maintaining high standards of clinical care and safety which will be research/evidence based. Standards are set, monitored and evaluated.
- Provide clinical expertise in specialist area and act as a resource to proactively enhance the service to our clients and develop the nursing team.
- Lead the clinical governance agenda and care management processes within the department and assist senior management team to provide an efficient and effective service
- Assist in managing departmental budgeting effectively and efficiently
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing high quality pre and post-operative patient care
- Maintain effective communication with patients, team members, Consultants and other hospital departments
The successful applicant will be able to:
- Ensure that a high standard of patient care is delivered in all areas which meet the CQUIN requirements of the Standard Acute Contract
- Ensure that the ward is prepared for use on a daily basis in line with quality standards
- Ensure equipment is maintained/serviced in line with manufacturers instructions
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure prompt start to operating lists and notify of changes to ensure smooth running
- Adopt a proactive approach when organising staffing levels on daily and rotational basis
- Liaise with Matron on a daily basis to review staffing levels, workload and other organisational issues
- Supervise Treatment Centre staff to maintain a safe environment for patients and treatment centre users
- Ensure that all required documentation (legal, quality or other) is maintained
- Operational management of patient bookings, considering correct scheduling and staffing levels
- Ensure that staff read and adhere to hospital and departmental policies
- Ensure staff maintain high standards of infection control in their practice
- Demonstrate and encourage critical care awareness
Qualifications / Key Selection Criteria:
- Registered General Nurse
- Immediate (or Advanced) Life Support
- Mentoring certificate or ENB 998 or equivalent
- Diploma/Degree in a health related subject
- Strong clinical background as a Ward Nurse
- Significant exposure in a senior role to external stakeholders such as Consultants, Physicians, Allied Health professionals, patients and suppliers
- Independent sector experience is desirable but not essential
- Experience as a senior sister or equivalent
- A proactive approach to problem solving
The Meriden Hospital is designed to combine an exceptional standard of patient accommodation with the technical equipment and facilities that modern medicine demands. Located at the University Hospital Coventry and Warwick the hospital has a 48-bed inpatient unit. The hospital is equipped to undertake a large range of procedures, treatments and investigations. We have three theatres Cath Lab and Endoscopy suite and a very good working relationship with our NHS colleagues.
Salary negotiable depending on experience.
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.