Our Isle of Wight Cluster Maintenance Team renovates our homes from top to bottom, which requires numerous skills, with the majority of work centering around repairing, preparation, painting and decorating. They are central to ensuring our homes are of a high standard, safe and homely, and enhance our core values of care, comfort and companionship.
We are looking for an all-rounder who can turn their hand to most things maintenance, but essentially must be qualified/have strong experience in painting and decorating. In addition to painting and decorating, they must have at least one of the following qualifications or skills/strong experience in;
• General Brick work and Slab Work
• General Building work
Do you want to make a difference to someones life and feel a sense of purpose in an extremely rewarding role?
• Are you multi-skilled in general maintenance and enjoy ensuring that buildings and grounds are well maintained?
• Are you an efficient problem solver who can work well as part of a team as well as autonomously?
• Are you caring, warm and understanding?
• Are you spontaneous, patient, flexible and have a good sense of humour?
• Do you strongly believe in the values of Care, Comfort and Companionship?
If your answer is yes to all these questions, why not join our Hartford Care family?
Alongside great rates of pay as well as enhancements and paid breaks, other benefits also include:
• Annual pay reviews
• Access to Wagestream
• Free DBS and NMC PIN Costs reimbursed for Nurses
• Free Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Hartford Hero employee recognition & reward scheme
• Young workers (18 ) are paid the same as those aged 25
• Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend and Refer a Resident Scheme
• Learning, development, apprenticeship and career development opportunities
Candidates will be required to use their own vehicles to travel to our different homes across the Isle of Wight as per the needs of the business. We do pay business mileage using HMRC approved rates which are currently 45 pence per mile for the first 10,000 business miles per annum, and 25 pence per mile thereafter. Candidates will also be required to use their own tools and equipment which the company can replace due to wear and tear.
• A compassionate and caring nature
• Good level of skills and experience in carrying out general maintenance
• Robust and high-quality painting and decorating experience with a keen eye for detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Good IT skills and knowledge (including robust skills in using apps and systems on iPads and other IT equipment)
• Good knowledge of Health & Safety regulations
• Strong organisation and planning skills
• Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
• A flexible approach to working hours
• Full and clean driving license
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Attention To Detail
- Interpersonal Skills
- Masonry And Bricklaying Work