Communities Co-OrdinatorFixed term contract - 12 months14 hours per weekCheshire East - Macclesfield and surrounding areas
Do you want to play an important role helping elderly people within the community? As a Community Coordinator there will be no personal care, instead your focus will be ensuring older people are connected in our community. At MHA Communities we offer a variety of exciting fulfilling social and online activities
and services for people aged 55 and over. Our aim is to enable older people to live independently in their own homes for as long as possible, helping them to live later life well in their local communities.
We have an exciting opportunity supporting older people in our community to stay well and connected, you will be part of a dedicated team who want to enable older people to live their best life after Covid-19. As a Community Coordinator you will:
- Coordinate and run a programme of activities in addition to developing new activities based on feedback from and the needs of the community
- To support and ensure the health and well-being of Members and Volunteers involved in the activities
- To assist the Manager by researching and identifying new areas for development and possible sources of additional funding
- Good IT knowledge, the use of Word and Excel preferable, experience of monitoring/evaluation systems
- Desirable knowledge of mental health issues/dementia care
- Essential car driver and the ability to work from home
About the schemeMHA Communities Cheshire East deliver lots of activities in the Macclesfield and Bollington area, therefore some travelling will be required.Tackling isolation and promoting independence and wellbeing, Macclesfield & District Communities tailors its activities to suit its members. Our befriending scheme and regular newsletter keep people in company and contact and we are sometimes able to assist with shopping to help with getting all those everyday essentials. We also organise regular outings to places such as garden centres and local concerts.Please note that interviews may take place prior to the advert closing as and when suitable applications are received. If a suitable candidate is appointed the role may close early, therefore please do not hesitate to submit your application. "Agencies: Please note, MHA do not accept unsolicited CV's from any agencies, regardless of whether they are on our Preferred Supplier List (PSL) or not. We only accept CV's from agencies that have been appointed and briefed by MHA's central Talent Acquisition Team."