Communities Co-ordinator12 HOURS PER WEEK, every Wednesday and one other day which can be flexible6 month Fixed Term ContractMHA Communities - Swindon
Do you want to play an important role helping elderly people within the community? As a Community Coordinator there will be no personal care, instead your focus will be ensuring older people are connected in our community. At MHA Communities we offer a variety of exciting fulfilling social and online activities
and services for people aged 55 and over. Our aim is to enable older people to live independently in their own homes for as long as possible, helping them to live later life well in their local communities.
We have an exciting opportunity supporting older people in our community to stay well and connected, you will be part of a dedicated team who want to enable older people to live their best life. As a Community Coordinator you will:
- Coordinate and run a programme of activities in addition to developing new activities based on feedback from and the needs of the community
- To support and ensure the health and well-being of Members and Volunteers involved in the activities
- To assist the Manager by researching and identifying new areas for development and possible sources of additional funding
About the scheme
- It is essential to have an understanding of the issues facing older people
- Experience of working with people affected by dementia would be an advantage
- Have the ability to liaise, build and promote positive working relationships with external agencies
- Good IT knowledge with the ability to establish and maintain effective admin systems
At MHA Communities - Swindon, we want to enable older people to stay living independently in their own homes for as long as possible, with the best possible quality of life. Through befriending, lunch clubs, assisted shopping, activity and friendship sessions, outings, escorts to appointments and much more, MHA's Live at Home schemes across the UK help to tackle loneliness and isolation in people over 55 - helping them to lead fulfilled lives and remain as active members in their local communities. Pension, Holidays 28 days holiday (inc. bank holidays), Life Assurance, Discount Scheme and DBS provided. Please note that interviews may take place prior to the advert closing as and when suitable applications are received. If a suitable candidate is appointed the role may close early, therefore please do not hesitate to submit your application.