Complex Nurse Specialist
£35,000 + £3000 Car Allowance
We are currently recruiting for a Complex Nurse Specialist to efficiently and effectively manage all clinical aspects of Complex Care to individuals within their own homes around the Southampton/Hampshire area.
The role will involve office and field based work and will require interaction with clients, support workers, nurses, MDT professionals and service commissioners.
Purpose of the role:
* Manage the clinical care requirements of existing service users
* Mentor and support a team of nurses and support workers
* Ensure new packages are implemented safely and in a timely manner
* Develop working relationships with professionals, service users families and case managers.
* Writing person centred care plans that meet the need of the service user
* Undertaking service user assessments and risk assessments for all new service users
* Assessing the clinical skills of support workers by undertaking and completing competency assessments
* Liaising with care manager and hospital / rehabilitation unit to plan for successful discharge
* Ensuring that an excellent quality of care is in place and maintaining high performance levels
* Working in partnership with the MDT
* Have a good understanding of the requirements of the CQC
* Undertaking annual clinical appraisals for any Registered Nurses supporting clients in the community
* To undertake ad hoc clinical training with support workers as required by the care package
* To report all complaints, incidents, accidents and safeguarding issues to the Lead Complex Nurse Specialist and Operations Manager and ensure that all such incidents are documented and investigated in line with company policy.
* RGN with minimum 3-5 years acute experience
* Excellent clinical knowledge
* Current NMC pin
* Ability to deal with people at all levels
* Excellent communication skills
* Good time management and organisational skills
* Good computer skills
For more information or to apply for this Complex Nurse Specialist role based in Southampton please contact Chloe at Connect Care.
Alternatively, click APPLY now