This is an opportunity for you to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world.
You will join a fast-growing Trade Compliance team to help deliver fast, agile, best-in-class service to our diverse customer base. Our client is one of the largest science and technology companies in the world. They are an industry leader and can offer fantastic opportunities for progression and development, state of the art facilities and a healthy remuneration package.
* Undertaking a wide variety of Customs and Trade Compliance related activities.
* Completing daily customs entry processing (Import/Export/Transit) via SAP GTS for the Rugby EDC and in support of manufacturing plants in a timely and accurate manner.
* Daily communication with external logistics providers and Customs Brokers.
* Collaborating with various local, regional and global business stakeholders to ensure compliance with Government and Customs regulations
* Assisting in the continued development and support of Trade Compliance systems and programmes.
* Compiling reports and auditing.
* Overseeing and ensuring all daily operational activities are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with HMRC and other UK government departmental deadlines.
* Experience in international trade is essential, primarily in Customs activities, Incoterms 2020, Tariff classification and Customs valuation rules.
* Must be able to competently submit Customs Import and/or Export declarations via standalone Customs declaration software, ideally SAP GTS or other similar HMRC certified systems such as Descarte or Ricardo
* Ability and flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and processes and function under pressure
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
* Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
* Experience of working in a SAP GTS Customs self-filing environment, completing import (CFSP) and/or export declarations via GTS is highly desirable.
* Good standard of education is required – A-level qualification or equivalent to include as a minimum GCSE Maths and English
* Professional training in Customs matters by a recognised organisation such as Strong & Herd, BIFA etc
* Understanding of AEO certification and standards.
* Ability to work confidently within a team environment.
If you're interested in the above role then please click apply or get in touch to discuss further.
Consult will endeavour to contact candidates within 14 days of application. However, if you do not hear back after 2 weeks then please assume on this occasion, unfortunately, you have not been successful