Computational Chemist Department Lead
I am delighted to work with a successful, long-established and growing contract research and drug development business. A busy and currently expanding company, my client offer a fast paced environment in which to gain new skills and grow your career.
About the role
The role is ideal for someone who has strong demonstrable experience in Computational Chemistry and is looking to build further experience whilst building and developing a new department within a well-established firm. Candidates with previous managerial experience in an industry environment and proven expertise with structure based/ fragment-based design will be considered.
Ongoing training will be provided where necessary.
* PhD in computational chemistry or similar
* Line management experience is essential!
* Experience working in a CRO or drug discovery company is preferred
* Expertise in; structure-based design (docking, ligand optimisation) and small molecule discovery projects
* Several years’ experience with; protein sequence analysis and homology modelling
* Computational tools; virtual screening, structure-activity relationships and chemoinformatics
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Biotechnology, biopharma, vaccine, pharmaceuticals, pharma, medicinal chemistry, synthetic, computational, department, chemicals, proteins, antibody, senior, manager, director, lead, project management.
Harris Lord is acting as a recruitment agency for this role