Consultant – Interventional Radiology
An opportunity has arisen for a doctor to be part of a fantastic Radiology team at a Hospital situated in a resort town on England’s North Sea coast. This is a substantive post however candidates wishing to apply for a fixed term role will also be considered.
This post is based in a location which is known for its beauty, it was recently voted as one of the best places to live in the UK. It is a lovely location to raise a family and has a plethora of excellent schools. It also has fantastic rail and road links with easy access to major cities.
The post holder will join a team of 26 Consultants, currently including 5 Interventional Radiologists working across two sites. This hospital has been a vascular centre since 2011. It fosters a multidisciplinary approach to patient care and there is a fantastic working relationship between the surgeons and interventional Radiologists.
Funding has been secured to expand the Vascular Imaging Unit to accommodate more day beds and improved catheter lab facility.
The essential criteria for the post holder:
- Full GMC registration with commitment to fulfilling requirements of GMC specialist registration via CESR.
- Ability to provide a logbook of practical procedures
- For candidates who reside abroad you must have completed the necessary language test (IELTS / OET / NARIC) before applying. You must be able to satisfy the language test requirements of the UKVI remit.
Clinical skills required:
peripheral vascular disease
venous and arterial thrombolysis
IVC filter insertion
GI bleed and other embolization
Haemodialysis fistula intervention
Biopsies (liver, kidney)
Drainage (US and CT guided) including chest drains
Hickman line insertion
CTA / Vascular CT interpretation
Vascular ultrasound familiarity (desirable)
Ability to contribute to MDT
* The post is 10 PA’s with the option of an additional one.
* Duties are split between interventional radiology and diagnostic radiology.
* The successful candidate will participate in the 1 in 6 Interventional Radiology on call.
- Competitive relocation package up to £8,000
- Health and wellbeing support
- Study leave budget of £3,000 over three years
- Finance schemes and discounts
- Support from the learning and development team
- Potential opportunity to undertake private practise
If you want more information on this position then please apply now!
We are often appointed by NHS Trusts to help recruit for their vacancies. If you are interested in moving to another Trust, but this particular one is not what you are looking for, then please get in contact and let me know as I'm sure we will be able to help
Cumulative Translation Adjustment (Cta)
National Academic Recognition Information
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit