A new opportunity has arisen for a Consultant Ophthalmologist to join our team at the Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre. With an excellent reputation The Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre has been delivering high quality care to patients in Somerset for 12 years. The hospital has been assessed as top of the national PROMS table from patients having had knee replacements and eighth nationally for hip replacements. It was also recently rated 'Outstanding' by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in a newly published inspection report - putting it at the very top of the regulator's quality ratings across England. We offer a range of treatments across a number of specialities including general surgery, orthopaedics, endoscopy, gastroenterology. gynaecology, urology, ENT and ophthalmology. We also provide diagnostic imaging and pain management services.
In this role you will be required to perform a range of ophthalmology procedures and demonstrate a high level of operative skill in some (or all) of the following areas:
- High Volume Phakoemulsification under topical anaesthesia
- Wet AMD Duties will include preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative activities as well as utilising time allocated for supporting professional activity.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Wide training and experience in general ophthalmology
- The ability to offer expert clinical opinion on range of problems within ophthalmology
- The ability to take full and independent responsibility for delivering service without direct supervision
- Experience of high volume cataract surgery under topical anaesthesia
- UK registerable Medical Degree
- Full and specialist GMC registration
Please note that this is a part time role working 28 hours per week. Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.