An opportunity has arisen for a Consultant with a special interest in Respiratory Medicine to take on a full-time leadership role.
This post is based in an active and busy respiratory department at a Hospital just off the south coast of England which is well known for its beaches and seafront promenades. This rewarding clinical and leadership role is situated in an environment that offers an excellent quality of life. Connections to the mainland are frequent, fast and efficient, with a choice of crossings via catamaran, hovercraft or car ferry.
The post holder’s duties for this post include the following:
* Maintenance of the highest clinical standards in the management of patients
* Share colleagues responsibility for day-to-day management of Respiratory & General Medicine services
* Teaching and training of junior staff
* To actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and audit
* To have responsibility for ensuring active participation in continuing medical education (CME)
You will be undertaking a full range of duties including inpatient reviews, outpatient clinics, bronchoscopy sessions and MDT meetings.
You must have the following to be eligible for this post:
* Applicants must be on the GMC Specialist Register for General internal medicine and Respiratory Medicine or within six months of obtaining their CCT by the interview date.
* For candidates who reside abroad you must have completed the necessary language test (IELTS / OET / NARIC) before applying. You must be able to satisfy the language test requirements of the UKVI remit.
The appointee will have a commitment to participate in the Consultant Physician on-call rota on a 1:11 basis.
The general medical department consists of full-time and part-time consultant physicians, two specialty doctors , ten ST3, ten ST1 and four foundation year 2 and twelve foundation year one doctors.
* Discounted bus fares
* Staff discounts with local business
* Reduced travel costs on Wightlink and Red Funnel
* Cycle to Work and Home Computing Schemes
If you want more information on this position then please apply now!
We are often appointed by NHS Trusts to help recruit for their vacancies. If you are interested in moving to another Trust, but this particular one is not what you are looking for, then please get in contact and let me know as I'm sure we will be able to help
Continuing Medical Education