An exciting opportunity to gain laboratory experience within a busy COVID testing team at an international laboratory.
£18,000 + £653/month shift allowance (ca. £8,000 p/a)
Rotating shifts; 4 days on (7am-7pm), 4 days off, 4 nights on (7pm – 7am), 4 days off
Initial 6 months contract
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Sample receipt and unpacking
* Responsible in assisting in the upkeep of the following:
* Pipette maintenance
* Extraction systems
* Biological safety cabinets
* Perform housekeeping duties including sample archiving, laboratory cleaning and maintenance of equipment, destruction and disposal of swabs and virus plates
* Creating reagents for the COVID team
* Move consumables and sample between different stations in the lab
The company are offering a unique opportunity for someone from a non-scientific background (such as retail, hospitality or warehouse operation) to take their first step into the lab environment. They are seeking a dynamic and hardworking individual keen to join their friendly team.
Apply now to VRS to be considered for this vital role!
NB - Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance will be required for this role therefore you will have had to live in the UK for the last three years.
Key Words: Laboratory, housekeeping duties, qPCR, COVID, London, South West London, Middlesex, Twickenham, Richmond, Kingston, VRS7070BH
Follow VRS Recruitment on LinkedIn to view all our latest vacancies!
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website
Hardworking And Dedicated
Real Time Polymerase Chain Reactions