Cross Sectional Radiographer – CT or MRI | Band 6 equivalent, Depending on experience | Oadby, Leicester | Full Time, including 1 evening per week | Monday – Friday with occasional weekends
Spire South Bank have an opportunity for an experienced Cross Sectional Radiographer to join our Radiology Department. You will be working as part of this small, friendly imaging team to support our patients throughout their radiology journey with Spire Healthcare.
Spire South Bank Hospital has been in operation for 30 years providing quality private healthcare to the local population and beyond, earning a reputation as a leader in Worcestershire. We work with some of the areas most experienced Consultant Surgeons, Anaesthetists and Physicians to deliver tailored, personalised care. We are proud of the positive patient feedback we receive and are currently undertaking refurbishment of our in-patient bedrooms following significant recent investment.
In November, Spire Healthcare was announced as winner of the’ Best Workplace for Learning and Development - Over 1,500 Nursing Staff category’ at the Nursing Times Workforce Summit & Awards 2021. The award recognised the introduction of a whole range of learning and development initiatives for clinical and non-clinical colleagues, including Spire’s new nurse apprenticeship programme.
Technical and scanning duties
You will be working as part of this small, friendly imaging team to support our patients throughout their radiology journey with Spire Healthcare. You will:
- Be willing and flexible to work a variety of shifts, including rotation onto evening and weekend breast clinics
- Utilising our extended appointment times to ensure that our patients receive the highest levels of patient care
- Provide a high standard of scanning and imaging to all customers and patients
- I.V. cannulation
- Understand and carry out daily QA protocol
- Liaise with secretarial staff , maximise patient throughput
- Ensure technical and equipment problems are reported immediately
- Maintain CPD to ensure competent technical skill and current awareness of technical developments
Who we're looking for
- HCPC Registered
- Radiography Degree or equivalent
- At least 2 years CT / MRI experience
- Previous experience in general radiograph and theatre is essential
- You will be able to demonstrate your empathetic nature
- Ability to work within a small, supportive team
- Flexibility to work to the needs of the service
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact[ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Clinical Works
- Health Care
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging