Nursdoc are looking for highly skilled Nurses and Paramedics to join my clients existing Custody healthcare teams working with National Police Forces.
Nursdoc require HCPs are RN Adult, RMNs(with relevant general experience), RGNs or Paramedics who are qualified Healthcare Professionals working in partnership with 12 National Police Forces including 4 Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARCS), to pro-actively reduce re-offending and care for detainees in police custody. We are looking for exceptional people to join my clients teams where you can become a key member of a highly respected organisation.
Police Custody - Health Care Professionals
RN (Adult) RGN, RMN, Paramedic
What will be expected of you :
• Assessment & care of detainees and staff in custody suites.
• Forensic sampling, including road traffic offence bloods.
• Mental health and substance misuse assessments
• Acute and chronic disease management.
• Providing substance misuse therapies whilst in custody.
• Healthcare promotion, brief interventions & self-harm reduction.
• Referrals and Signposting to support wider vulnerabilities and assist with the reduction of re-offending.
• Working alongside with Liaison and Diversion colleagues to identify wider vulnerabilities.
Requirements for a career in Forensic Nursing:
• Qualified RN Adult, RMN’s (with relevant general experience), RGNs or Paramedics with a real passion for developing your clinical and wider skills in an environment that is ever changing.
• Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in a patient facing role within a relevant field (General Practice, Emergency Medicine, Walk in Centres, Substance Misuse Services, Prison Healthcare, Mental Health, or Ambulance Service) as an Adult RN or Registered Paramedic
• Have a flexible approach working within a team that encourage new ideas and opinions on how to improve the service.
• Thrive working autonomously
• Show initiative when it comes to handling a wide range of situations
Police Clearance Requirements:
You must have:
• Right to work in the UK
• Continuously resided in the UK for the previous 3 years, with no more than 3 months spent overseas at any one time.
• Full UK driving license and access to own car.
• Active registration & full membership of the HCPC (Paramedic), or NMC (RGN) with no restriction on practice.
Would you like to be able to work flexibly, choosing shifts that would fit around your schedule?
Nursdoc are a leading healthcare recruitment company, who provide staffing solutions and give support to a number of care providers throughout the UK. Our candidates work in Private Hospitals, NHS Hospitals, Care Homes and Hospices to name a few on a temporary and permanent basis.
If you’re an experienced healthcare professional who is keen to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
Nursdoc is ideal for candidates looking for the flexibility, choice and additional income agency work provides. We have plenty of private work / NHS options as well, simply just ask one of the team.
To apply today: Simply click the 'Apply' button. You can also go to the registration page on our website and submit your details there.
Alternatively, call one of the team on (phone number removed) and we look forward to working with you
- Forensic Sciences