Do you have experience working within Customs? We are excited to be working with a fantastic client of ours based in Chelmsford to recruit a Customs Compliance Officer to join their team on a permanent basis. This position will involve implementing and managing the import and export customs compliance function for the business working directly alongside the Compliance Manager.
• Responsible for ensuring effective import and export Customs compliance at multiple business units falling under their assigned scope, in accordance with domestic and foreign import and export laws and regulations.
• Ensure and support appropriate management accountability and responsibility for Customs compliance.
• Establish and maintain Customs compliance procedures and program documentation, including import and export instructions, documentation; trade data points such as HTS classification, country of origin and FTA determination, valuation, etc.; forwarding agent management; record keeping; audits and training.
• Act as Customs compliance liaison to sales representatives, distributors, customers and other third parties, as required.
• Review Customs entries for accuracy and compliance with customs regulations and CITC policies and procedures.
• Provide quarterly and yearly reporting of relevant trade compliance data to CITC.
• Conduct regular Customs compliance training for senior management, engineers, scientists, shipping, sales and marketing and other functions involved in import and exporting.
• Conduct periodic audits and self-audits and implement corrective action, as required.
• Assist Corporate Legal- International Trade Compliance Office with investigations of any incidences of purported non-compliance with customs laws and regulations.
• Attend the Corporate International Trade Compliance annual conference.
• Attend external third-party Customs training seminars as required.
• Other trade compliance duties as assigned.
• Flexible availability when necessary, to reach goals and deadlines.
• Practical experience implementing import trade compliance programs is essential.
• Extensive knowledge of UK and EU Customs and experience within freight agents essential
If you have the relevant experience, then please apply now or call Claire Oakley at Pure