Job Title: Data Analyst
Location: Home based
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum dependant on experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
Closing date - Monday 05/04/2021
The role of Data Analyst is responsible for the creation and ongoing production of business intelligence reports for major clients. In addition, you will deliver operational insights analysis to assist with continuous improvement and identify clinical trends.
You will apply your expert technical specialism in analytics to generate sophisticated insight about our clients’ demographics and health status. This will have a major impact on business decisions such as developing new health and wellbeing services or targeting locations or job types for specific health interventions.
Using a range of analytical techniques and methods, tools and approaches, you’ll own and lead the generation of quantitative insights on people and health data.
You’ll work with the Business Support Manager and other teams to develop a data collection strategy and data analysis capability that answers business-critical questions.
Reporting to the Business Support Manager you will support the delivery of OH services through the provision of Management Information (MI) reports produced according to regular cycles and requests to enable accurate and timely business decision making, invoicing and adherence to internal and client key performance indicators.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Perform daily, weekly and monthly report creation, production and analysis tasks according to priorities and schedules agreed with the Business Support Manager and the rest of the business
* Use data to analyse existing business processes in order to identify alternative solutions and recommend new approaches for both internal and external intelligence
* Provide guidance and training to members of the operational team of the effective use of data and tools to drive improved business performance.
* Attend and lead on insights delivery and requirements gathering at specified client meetings
* Work closely with the MI Team, sharing knowledge of tools, methodologies and techniques to ensure best practice across the business
* Some travel may be required
* Carry out other ad hoc tasks commensurate with level of responsibility as requested
* Lead by example and be an inspirational role model for the Optima Health values – One Team, Take Responsibility, Deliver on our Promises, Professionalism and Excellence, Continually Learn and Develop
* Promoting and delivering Optima Health’s Workplace Wellbeing Plan across all employees within the Operational Change structure
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
* Advanced computer literacy including experience of using MS Excel to connect to external data sources and constructing large/complex data sets and able to present data through presentational packs
* Significant experience of analysing data from a range of sources
* Experienced in working with stakeholders to define hypotheses and relevant analytical approaches to test them
* Confident using BI tools such as Business Objects, Power BI, Tableau or Qlik, and familiar with MI concepts, practices and procedures
* Have a working knowledge of data protection
* Experience and knowledge of SQL
* A background in statistical modelling and analysis is desirable
* Demonstrable ability to apply data analysis principles to evaluate information effectively
* Excellent problem-solving skills - be a logical thinker and have an analytical mind.
* Excellent communication skills; liaison with internal and external customers to determine and document requirements is a key part of the role
* Be collaborative, end-user focused and have a proven ability to present insight in an engaging manner, using a range of analytics, BI and visualisation tools.
* Demonstrate detailed knowledge of reports and data sources and ability to design, generate and improve according to the needs of the business
* Able to demonstrate a clear attention to detail, ensuring that all relevant documentation including MI and report specification documents are accurate, meaningful, easily understood and fit for the purpose for which they are intended
* Graduate level or equivalent
* Demonstrable skill to the required level in all Optima Health management competencies - Inspires and influences, Strives for excellence, Customer focus, Leads inclusively, Makes commercially astute decisions, Realises Future Optima.
Please note that due to the extremely high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we regret that we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard by 18/04/2021 then you have not been successful on this occasion.
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation
Complex Problem Solving