Job Title: Day Centre Organiser
Location: St. Helens, Merseyside
Salary: £16495 - £18,328 per annum
Job type: Part time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Thursday (9:00 - 17:00), 28hrs per week
Closing Date: 30th April 2021
A Day centre Organiser is required to join the care home team to organise the day centre and provide a wide variety of activities for beneficiaries attending the Centre with the aim of encouraging participation and stimulating guests mentally, physically, and socially.
All supervisors must be standards driven, be adaptable, influential and competent in providing direction, analytical thinking and developing.
- To plan and lead a wide range of activities for beneficiaries attending the day centre
- To ensure transport arrangements are made to bring beneficiaries to the day centre
- To liaise with Welfare Officers regarding referrals to the day centre
- To manage waiting lists and maximise use of the day centre service
- To maintain petty cash records and check and process invoices for payment
- To work within a defined budget
- To organise special events for day centre guests both the Lodge and externally. e.g. themed events, Christmas parties, theatre trips
- To supervise and coordinate the work of the day centre assistants/drivers
- To carry out an annual review and job consultation with the day centre assistants/drivers
- To assist in the training of new staff by acquainting them with the purpose and aims of the day centre
- To recruit, train and supervise volunteers working in the day centre and on the outings service
- To use Microsoft Office software
- On an annual basis carry out a quality assurance exercise on the day centre service, taking into consideration the views of beneficiaries, staff working in the day centre, volunteers and feedback from Welfare Officers and families
- To network with other day-care providers with a view to developing/improving the service as appropriate
Skills and Experience:
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic and have the ability to work with and motivate their team.
Good administration and organisational skills are required together with the ability to communicate at all levels. Applicants should be familiar with Microsoft Office software. A patient and tolerant attitude is essential.
Applicants must have or be willing to work towards a minimum of Business Administrator Level 3 Standard or an equivalent qualification.
- Training, Personal Development opportunities
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Attractive Terms and Conditions
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check required for this post.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS to complete the attached application form.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Day Centre Coordinator, Events Organiser, Care Home Coordinator, Care Service Organiser may also be considered for this role.