ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Debt Recovery Coordinator to be based in Leeds LS12 1BE. This is a 6 month fixed term full time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Debt Recovery Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with the management of overdue debt through the internal and external legal process. This role reports into the Debt Recovery Team Leader.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
* Start of process by informing customers by letter of our intention to disconnect
* Liaise with the external agents on a daily basis if required
* Ensuring the business is notified of the disconnections
* Moving accounts through the disconnections process efficiently
* Raising paperwork for payment plan requests and monitoring the payment plans
* Manage the warrant process
* Manage your internal customers with regards the booking of the external agents for the Power de-energisations within the 15 working day timeframe
* Manage your external customers with regards ensuring the booking of the engineer for Gas is available the same date as all other external parties within the 15 working day timeframe.
* Ensure all paperwork/letters are managed on a weekly basis and provided to your line manager for authorisation
* Raise on a monthly basis the manual invoices with pass through charges on to the customer's accounts.
* Ensure the disconnection tracker is kept fully up to date at all times
* Ensure disconnection notes are added to the customer's account.
* Manage the disconnection process on the day
* Pre-emptive call to customer prior to disconnection to encourage payment of debt.
* Timely collection of overdue debt
* Ensure the process for recovery is fully adhered to
* To assist with any specific team projects in relation to debt recovery
* To continually improve the processes relating to the collection of debt which has been escalated to the disconnections process
Knowledge and skills:
* Proven ability to produce accurate work under tight deadlines
* Microsoft Office proficient
* Organisational skills
* Verbal reasoning
* Able to manage conflicting priorities
* Ability to handle difficult customers
* Team-work and ability to work with colleagues at all levels
* Knowledge of the energy industry is desirable
* Ideally a period of practical experience working in a collections department.
* Preferable utility industry experience
* Degree or equivalent
* ICM (full or part) qualified, or 5 Years experience working in a collections team (preferably)
For more information about ENGIE, please visit: [Click here to apply]
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
* Posting Date: Sep 26, 2019