Band 7 Specialist Dementia Nurse Challenging Behaviour service
South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust has a rich history, well-established community links and an international reputation. We provide a full range of local mental health services to the Kingston, Merton, Richmond, Sutton and Wandsworth London boroughs, as well as specialist forensic mental health services, including high secure services, at Springfield Hospital.
We take pride in providing specialist care to our service users where our Trust values; being consistent, compassionate, collaborative, respectful and open is at the heart of everything we do. When you join us, you’ll be part of something special – an innovative and rapidly growing organisation that is helping to redefine the Mental Health, education and social care landscape in the UK.
About the team:
The Challenging Behaviour Service offers specialist mental health treatment for residents with behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia and are living in care homes ( nursing and residential) in the boroughs of Sutton and Merton. The team uses a needs led model to assess the residents and liaises with the care home staff for delivery of the care plans.
About the role:
You will be the nurse lead of the team. You will be responsible for the supervision of junior staff and to ensure that KPIs are consistently met. You will liaise with the Team managers regarding performance and other managerial matters.
You will need to have excellent communication skills, be able to work autonomously and in complex environments, able to think inventively and innovatively and demonstrate an interest in and desire to work with Older People.
You will work closely with staff in care homes to understand and address the needs of the resident.
You will complete assessments by collecting information about the resident from a variety of sources and develop an understanding of the resident’s needs and behaviour by gathering information on the person’s life experiences, personality, mental and physical health history, current environment, medication regime etc.
You will share this information in a formulation session to the care team working with carers to develop strategies to meet identified needs.
Previous relevant experience of working with Older People and those suffering from a dementia is desirable.
About the location:
The Service is based at Cheam Resource Centre in North Cheam and is easily accessible by road and public transport.
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
• Generous pay, pensions and leave,we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
• Work life balance,we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
• Career development,There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
• Subsidised car parking- You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
• NHS discounts,with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
• Eye examinations
• Looking after your health
• Cycle to work scheme
• Car lease scheme
• Season ticket loan
• Childcare vouchers
• Staff restaurants
• Free gym membership
We look forward to receiving your application.
This advert closes on Tuesday 28 Jan 2020