My client, a well-established Nursing Home in the Huyton area of Liverpool are looking for an experienced Deputy Manager (Nurse qualified RGN or RMN). Reporting to the Registered Care Manager, the Deputy will be responsible for assisting and delivering high quality nursing and care to all residents. The successful candidate will monitor the performance of staff, ensuring additional training and support is provided where necessary. The Deputy will also be responsible for ensuring that good relationships are built and maintained with residents, families and members of the multi-disciplinary team.
Hours of work:
Full time 36-48 Hours, Mixture of on the floor and supernumerary hours, you will be expected to help cover sickness & leave of nurses
£33,696 - £44.928 per annum
• Previous experience of deputising/leading a team within a Care Home or similar environment
• Be a qualified RGN/RMN
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Have a valid NMC pin number
• Be committed and dedicated to the role.
• Satisfactory Disclosure completion upon successful application
• Right to work in the UK
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Work within and manage a team (in manager’s absence) in a nursing home environment for the elderly, dementia etc
• Comply with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct at all times
• Ensure that all residents have full risk assessments and person-centred care plans in place and that these are regularly reviewed and updated
• Take responsibility for medication administration and management
• Monitor performance of staff and ensure they are carrying out nursing duties in the correct manner associated with the role including management of resident needs, audits, record keeping, wound dressings, PEG feeds, phlebotomy, catheters etc
• Promote resident independence and respect their dignity and choices at all times
• Work in line with Company policies and procedures
If interested please apply, or alternatively if you do know of anyone that may be interested then do let us know. As if they are successful, you will be entitled to a £250 referral bonus.