Deputy Clinical Governance Manager | Competitive Salary | Management | Full-time | Group wide advancement opportunities
Spire Edinburgh has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Healthcare Professional to join our Clinical Governance team as the Deputy Clinical Governance Manager. The successful candidate will work closely with the Clinical Governance Manger, Director of Clinical Services, Hospital Director, Lead Consultant for Clinical Governance and the MAC Chair in leading clinical quality and the Clinical Governance strategy within the hospital.
This unmissable opportunity will suit a healthcare professional with demonstrable knowledge of clinical governance, audits, patient safety agendas, great attention to detail, fairness in investigation and management of complaints and incidents. They will be responsible for ensuring that robust governance and risk systems are in place and that effective learning and continuous development takes place across the organisation.
Murrayfield hospital was established as a purpose built hospital in 1984, conveniently located in the west of Edinburgh. In 2015 our consulting rooms had a £1 million refurbishment. In 2010 we opened Shawfair Park Hospital, a day case facility, based in south east Edinburgh. Each of our hospitals practice some of the most advanced treatments supported by the latest generation imaging and diagnostic technology. This means we offer everything from screening and rehabilitation through to leading edge surgical procedures and cancer care.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Deputise on hospital Clinical Governance and work closely with the Clinical Governance lead, Director of Clinical Services, Hospital Director, Lead Consultant for Clinical Governance and the MAC Chair in leading clinical quality and the Clinical Governance strategy within the hospital
- Take an active role in ensuring compliance with all hospital regulatory requirements
- Support all departments in ensuring compliance
- Co-ordinate the compilation of the quarterly Governance reports, and provide support in the compilation of other Governance related reports including for example: Infection Control report and SSD reports, and ensure timely submission
- Initiate the investigation of Incidents and Complaints in a timely manner, and manage Incident Reporting system and appropriate escalation of incidents. To support staff in the collation and submitting of RCAs within timescales as per corporate policy
Who we're looking for:
- Registered Healthcare Professional, ideally NMC
- Proven experience in clinical and hospital governance
- Excellent communicator
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Jillian Fraser at [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people. Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications