Senior Nurse | Endoscopy | Band 6 dependent on experience | Leeds | Flexible hours, Monday-Friday, occasional weekends and no nights. Opportunity to assist and build a new service.
Spire Leeds have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Endoscopy Lead to join a newly merged department (Endoscopy and Ambulatory Services) to help development services and deputise Endoscopy Lead. We have recently invested 850k on Olympus equipment and redesigning the services.
Spire Leeds Hospital, located in Roundhay, Leeds, has been treating patients for almost 30 years. We are the region’s largest private hospital in terms of the range of services we offer and the number of consultants we work with.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the delivery of Consultant led endoscopic procedures that vary in complexity.
- Develop care plans that are appropriate to the patient, taking into consideration the care pathway, pre-procedure risks and their wellbeing.
- Undertake tasks related to the individuals health, wellbeing, and respond, and escalate if necessary.
- Establish and maintain a positive professional relationship with the service users and ensure good practice of communication.
- Contribute to the implementation and improvement of the service.
- Have competent skills in the use of EWDs, decontamination, storage and transportation of endoscopes.
Who we're looking for:
- Qualified ODP/Nurse
- NMC or HCPC registered with no restrictions on your pin.
- Proven endoscopy experience and leadership.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a JAG accredited endoscopy unit.
- You will be highly motivated and used to working in challenging but rewarding environment.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Grace Little [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.