My client is looking for a Deputy manager (RGN/RMN) based in Lytham St Anne’s within a well-established nursing home. The home specialises in nursing care and the position is full time on days. Reporting to the Registered Care Manager, the Deputy will be responsible for assisting and delivering high quality nursing and care to all residents. The successful candidate will monitor the performance of staff, ensuring additional training and support is provided where necessary. The Deputy will also be responsible for ensuring that good relationships are built and maintained with residents, families and members of the multi-disciplinary team.
Full time 42 hours
• Previous experience of deputising/leading a team within a Care Home or similar environment
• Be a qualified RGN/RMN
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Have a valid NMC pin number
• Be committed and dedicated to the role.
• Satisfactory Disclosure completion upon successful application
• Right to work in the UK
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Work within and manage a team (in manager’s absence) in a nursing home environment for the elderly and dementia
• Comply with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct at all times
• Ensure that all residents have full risk assessments and person-centred care plans in place and that these are regularly reviewed and updated
• Take responsibility for medication administration and management
• Monitor performance of staff and ensure they are carrying out nursing duties in the correct manner associated with the role including management of resident needs, audits, record keeping etc
• Promote resident independence and respect their dignity and choices at all times
• Work in line with Company policies and procedures
If interested please either call Belmont Recruitment or apply, or alternatively if you do know of anyone that may be interested then do let us know. As if they are successful, you will be entitled to a £250 referral bonus.