Deputy Manager of a Care Home
£48,000.00 per annum
42 hours per week
Must have a current NMC PIN and have worked within a care home setting for a minimum of 2 years
- Competitive salary
- Employee benefit package - great savings, discounts & rewards
- Discounts at major supermarkets, high street stores, cinemas and many more
If you have an understanding empathy with the older person in a care home setting, we would like to hear from you.
The Job Role
* To work as a committed member of the Management Team within the home and support the Home Manager specifically taking the lead responsibility for dementia, GSF, and staff training as well as undertaking audits of the home.
* To actively promote and encourage as much personal independence and choice as possible within the activities of daily living and ensure person-centred care is given at all times.
* In the absence of the Home Manager, the Deputy will be expected to manage the general day-to-day running of the home. He/she will be expected to provide continuity of care, laid down by the procedures operating within the home, and be available to offer support and advice to all other members of staff, residents and relatives.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Valid NMC PIN or HCPC registration
* DBS check and POVA listing
* Knowledge of Care Quality Commission (CQC) Guidelines.
* Gold Standard Framework for end of life Care (Desirable not essential)
* Knowledge of Dementia Strategy and Dementia Mapping (Desirable not essential)
Ideally the post holder will hold the relevant qualifications; have experience of working within a Dual Registered Care Home (desirable but not essential) and proven knowledge and empathy of caring for the older person. It is essential that the post holder shows strong professional leadership, a flexible attitude to work pattern and excellent communication skills. The role requires for the post holder to share with the manager the on-call duty roster.
Rewards and Benefits
We are passionate about developing careers and have supported our employees to become Team Leaders, Qualified Nurses and even Home Managers!
Yellow Hat (UK) Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy