Deputy Manager - New Care Home!
Rokewood Court, located in Kenley is a stunning brand new 64 bedded home offering residential, dementia and respite care. The home will be opening in January 2020 but we are recruiting for this post with immediate effect.
In this role you will assist the General Manager in all aspects of the day to day running of the home on a 24 hour basis and to deputise for the General Manager across the whole range of their duties in their absence. You will ensure all aspects of the management of the Home meet with the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety and the requirements of the Care Quality Commission. You will need to be able to support and manage teams and demonstrate a calm professional manner at all times.
Essential to this role:
You will oversee and maintain the care of the residents living at the home, ensuring each resident receives care according to their individual needs - including clinical care. You will be responsible for assisting in the management and supervision of Team Leaders/Senior Care Assistants and other members of the care team. You will also ensure that all residents are safe from harm and that any possible/potential or actual concerns in regard to any form of abuse are reported immediately to the relevant people within and outside of the organisation.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* NVQ 4 in Care and Registered Managers Award or QCF Level 4 Diploma in Management
* Prioritize workload and be able to work under pressure
* Communicate and manage interpersonal relationships, including influencing skills
* Two years' experience in long-term care or similar industry
* Plan, implement, evaluate and clearly document care delivery
* Team player, decisive, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and adaptable
* Awareness of COSHH and CQC regulations
* Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation