Cavendish Homecare are currently in search of a Deputy Nurse Manager to join the team. Cavendish Homecare are a leading provider in the UK’s homecare industry so excellent opportunities to learn from ‘the best in the business’.
Purpose of Position
* To support the Registered Nurse Manager, Nominated Individual and the Management team in the day-to-day running of the business.
* To promote a caring environment for clients through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the client.
* To ensure that each client receives care appropriate to their individual needs.
* To implement the requirements of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014.
* To adhere to all policies and procedures issued by the company, embedding them into good practice across the organisation.
a) to assist in the day-to-day running of the organisation and to act as the person-in-charge whenever asked to by the Registered Nurse Manager
b) to provide all relevant information to prospective new clients and to visit them in their home if deemed appropriate.
c) to arrange assessment visits as required
d) to decide whether the business can meet the nursing or care needs of any prospective client and to discuss the fee structure with the client or their family / NOK.
e) to investigate complaints, take appropriate action and report these to the Management team
f) to safeguard clients from abuse and act immediately to report any suspected abuse, following the organisation’s policies and procedures
g) to support the Management team to maintain CQC registration and to achieve an Outstanding rating at the next inspection
h) to contribute towards business expansion and development
i) to engage in positive working relationships with GPs, hospitals, local agencies and the wider multidisciplinary team, demonstrating compassion and effective communication skills
j) to ensure that clients’ privacy, dignity, choice, independence and safety are actively promoted at all times
k) to participate in the roll-out of the new electronic system – Care Control
* registered Nurse ideally with current NMC registration
* thorough knowledge of CQC guidelines
* excellent written and spoken communication skills, and exceptional attention to detail
* dedication, compassion and energy
* reliable, dependable and a team player who is willing to help others.
* flexibility to work evenings and weekends as part of a management rota
* the ability to show initiative and to have a positive, can-do attitude
Ideally you will:
* have experience in private health care
* have a solid understanding of the domiciliary care sector
* have had previous management experience
* excellent computer skills
The duties and responsibilities above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to carry out other duties commensurate with the context of the job.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time when it was prepared. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level or responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify re-grading of the post.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of service users therefore the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Reference ID: HC032
- Attention To Detail
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Multidisciplinary Approach