Deputy Nursing Home Manager | RGN | RMN | RNLD
Salary: £18.00 per hour
Location: Mountain Ash, Mid Glamorgan
Contracted Hours: 44 hours per week
Shift Pattern: Days – Supernumerary and Clinical Shifts.
Contract type: Permanent
Covid vaccinations: If offered employment, you must produce evidence that you have either commenced or completed the vaccination programme. If not, you must agree to have both vaccinations before your start date. All staff need to be fully vaccinated by Thursday 11th November 2021 or prove medical exemption.
*All candidates must have a valid NMC Pin and full eligibility to live and work in the UK. *
This is a perfect opportunity to become part of an experienced and compassionate team as a Deputy Nursing Home Manager. Working for this care provider, you will be instrumental in providing the highest quality of care to this care home located in Mountain Ash. This nursing home welcomes 46 residents who require residential: nursing and nursing memory care for those living with Dementia, Complex Needs and Mental health Illnesses.
As a Deputy Manager you will be taking responsibility of delivering the very highest standard of care as you assess nursing needs, identify and taking right precautions for each resident. You will be also supervising colleagues, managing shifts, and making sure handover summaries are completed to the correct standard for the provider. Leading your team, you will oversee all day-to-day care activity in your designated unit or floor within the home, including maintaining accurate records for each of our client’s residents whilst consistently delivering the very highest care standards. As a deputy care home manager, you will be taking responsibility for all the home and delivering the very best level of care and running the entire place when the Home Manager is absent.
You will be provided with a structured and thorough induction programmed which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the care home/company. You will also be given to opportunity to access training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills – receiving ongoing support from your manager.
Desirable Skills and Necessary Qualifications as a Care Deputy Nursing Manager:
* Registered Nurse qualified - RGN/RMN/RNLD with a current valid NMC PIN
* Established leadership skills to manage large teams
* Knowledge of CQC and local authority requirements
* Previous experience within a nursing home is desirable but this is not essential
* Possess good judgement, problem-solving and decision-making skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and a kind, caring and compassionate nature within nursing.
* Good organisational and time management skills
* Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
* Basic IT skills
Benefits working as a Deputy Nursing Manager:
* Extensive tailored training packages (Including internal & external training)
* Gym Membership, dental insurance, travel insurance, cycle to work scheme, eye care vouchers and simply health
* Pension Scheme
* Career progression opportunities within the company.
* Paid DBS
* 28 days annual leave
Should you be interested in the position above or would like further information, please contact Optima.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Optima Nursing & Care Services Ltd is an employment agency with a legitimate interest in providing work finding services. Please be advised that by submitting your CV to Optima, directly or via any of our job advertisement platforms, your personal data will be held on our secure internal CRM. Your personal data will not be shared with any third parties without your consent. As an individual, you have the right to withdraw consent for your details to be held on our database at any time
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills