Deputy Sterile Services Manager | Theatres | £21,000 to £23,000 D.O.E | Hull | 37.5 Hours Per Week
Spire Hull has an exciting opportunity to join our Theatre team as a Deputy Sterile Services Manager. Working on a rota basis between 7.30am and 9pm Monday to Friday and Saturday 7.30am to 6pm the successful candidate will be highly experienced in Sterile Services and able to provide support and supervision to the team.
Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital is based in Anlaby, near Humber Bridge and the hospital provides care for patients across East Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire. Our hospital offers a range of services and procedures including orthopaedic, general surgery, weight loss surgery, eye surgery and cosmetic surgery. Other services include, radiology - MRI and CT and physiotherapy. We believe it's our people that really set us apart, we work with the very best medical professionals and our colleagues are an attentive and highly experienced team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the smooth day-to-day running of the department, ensuring that high quality standards are met and strict procedures are followed
- Supporting the SSD manager in ensuring equipment to users demands for equipment are met.
- Ensuring that the required standards of production, cleanliness and quality control are followed to ensure that our quality accreditation standards are maintained.
- The day to day supervision of the Sterile Services Technicians, including the allocation and checking of work, providing appropriate training and assisting with the assessment of competency
- Assisting with the daily testing of equipment and ensuring that associated auditable documentation is completed
- This role will require a ‘hands on’ approach
Who we're looking for:
- Leadership skills
- Ideally a member of the Institute of Decontamination Sciences
- Experience / qualifications level three, working within a Sterile Services environment
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Jillian Fraser on [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications