Finegreen are recruiting on behalf of a leading provider of integrated healthcare services to the NHS, specialising in medicines, pharmaceutical care and primary care patient services. This is an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Superintendent & Principal Pharmacist to work within the Clinical Homecare pharmacy team.
My client is one of the most experienced providers of clinical homecare in the UK. They provide care to more than 70,000 patients in the comfort of their home, at work, or in the community – ranging from straightforward delivery of medication to specialist nursing or complex conditions. They are passionate about what they do and the difference they make to their patients’ lives.
Mainly based in the their Head office in Essex, you will support in ensuring that all appropriate clinical governance arrangements as set out by the RPS standards for homecare services are in place for all medicines supplied by the client. As the Deputy Superintendent & Principal Pharmacist you will be accountable for ensuring that professional and governance frameworks are established and maintained. You will deputise for the Superintendent Pharmacist to achieve an aligned approach to the medicine safety and clinical standards.
You will be the day to day point contact as the pharmacy standards and governance subject matter expert in clinical and professional standards providing internal and external leadership.
The ideal candidate will have a deep and extensive understanding on clinical pharmacy practice within Secondary Care, Tertiary Care or preferably with clinical homecare experience. You will have experience of leading risk management programmes and contributing to quality improvement programmes.
The successful candidate will have:
You will have experience and specialist knowledge of specialist therapy areas or a strong understanding of the principles in dealing with clinical specialities and complex drug therapies e.g. oncology, rheumatology, renal medicine, parenteral nutrition.
- It is essential that you have 10+ years as a qualified Pharmacist predominantly within hospital pharmacy experience or equivalent sector working at a senior level;
- Proven experience in leading teams and pharmacy operations in homecare;
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council;
- Ideally a member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, a Faculty member or working towards such accreditation;
- Experience of working as part of a high performing team and skilled in leading multiple work streams and teams at remote locations;
- Preferred, post graduate qualification in clinical or pharmacy practice. E.g. post graduate diploma, Masters in Science.
My client offers extensive career progression and training within the organisation with a highly competitive salary and benefits package which includes generous holiday, pension scheme, professional support and relevant training, childcare vouchers, option to buy additional holiday and an employee discount scheme.
This is an excellent job opportunity to advance and develop your career with one of the leading integrated healthcare organisations. For further information and details please email your CV to [Click here to apply]
or contact Zoe Allen at The Finegreen Group on [Click here to apply]