Scrub | Deputy Team Lead | up to starting point of band 7 equivalent salary | Flexible hours – no overnights or Sundays| Access to SFA and management training- after qualifying period
Are you a Senior Theatre Practitioner looking to move into management or perhaps you already work a similar capacity and are looking for your next career move? If so, Spire Harpenden Hospital has an opening for a Deputy Scrub Team Lead. This unmissable role offers the opportunity to work alongside some of the region's most experienced Consultants, covering varied and diverse cases. Full support, development and training will be provided for the right person who is driven, focused and a team player.
Spire Harpenden Hospital offers comprehensive private hospital services in a comfortable and relaxed environment to patients from London and its northern counties - Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, and Buckinghamshire. As the largest employer in Harpenden, the hospital prides itself in offering excellence in clinical quality, customer service, and cleanliness. We have 5 state of the art Theatres and modern Surgical and Day Care Wards covering all major surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, plastics, and medical patients amongst others.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Deputy Theatre Team Leaders will deputize for the Team Leader and support them as required, in the provision of appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department. Maximizing theatre utilization, Consultant compliance and maintaining clinical standards, the post-holder will provide strong leadership and direction to all staff across the service and act as a point of contact for advice and expertise relating to professional issues.
- Monitor and assist in the delivery of patient care
- Provide appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department
- Act as a role model and mentor to clinical staff providing advice and support to others to promote good practice consistent with legislation and Spire Healthcare’s policies
- Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- To ensure that effective systems are in place to manage stocks according to financial instructions, efficient utilisation, intelligent ordering and to work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure compliance with the above
- Delegate appropriate activities to other staff and ensure objectives are met
Who we're looking for
- You will be a Registered Nurse or ODP; with at least 4 years’ experience in orthopaedic scrub
- Previously employed either a similar capacity or in a Senior role in a Hospital/Theatre setting
- SFA qualification would be advantageous as would a Mentorship Certificate or its equivalent
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sherine Lowers on 0788 570 6278 or [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Coaching And Mentoring